Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Bride Makes the Final Decision

You are the bride. You make the final decision about the single most important fashion piece you will ever purchase. You can listen to your maid of honor, or mom, or sister, or the bridal consultant, but you are the one to make the decision.

I offer this advice because of several funny stories I've had recently with brides.

I served a 50+ first time bride. Typically I direct them to the section of "non-princessey" looking dresses. However, she purchased the largest, poofiest dress in the store. She looked amazing - and what a fun bride.

One bride went to Hawaii for a destination wedding. Knowing that she'll have to either mail or hand carry her wedding dress onto a plane, I directed the bride to bridal gowns made of chiffon. I've been to Hawaii it's not 60 degrees year round. But once again, I was surprised that she selected a very heavy bridal satin gown. She loved it and the pictures were amazing.

Another bride was an alternative size 22 bride (I don't care for the phrase plus-size) and was very shy. I showed her several A-line dresses that are super flattering to any shape. It wasn't until she tried on the body hugging, hiney shaping, mermaid style that she beamed. Embrace your curves - it's your day! Funny because she said absolutely no mermaid style dresses. HA She also sent me photo's and looked wonderful.

You should listen to the advice - but that doesn't always mean you have to take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment