Friday, January 15, 2010

Michelle Duggar and a Strapless Wedding Dress

I saw the video of Michelle Duggar going to Kleinfelds in New York searching for a wedding dress to renew her vows. I wonder if the Producers of the Network selected Kleinfelds as "Say Yes to the Dress" is also on the TLC Network.
However, I was still sad to see Michelle looking at strapless dresses. When the dress was finished, to me, it was still a strapless dress with material underneath.
There are some fantastic bridal stores that feature only modest wedding dresses. I've mentioned before in previous posts other all-modest bridal stores.
Of course as a modest bridal store owner, I would have loved to have shown her our fantastic styles that did not require serious alterations.
A designer creates a strapless wedding dress design, it was not meant to have a modest neckline and sleeves - it was meant to be strapless.

Kleinfelds is an amazing bridal store. Their website states that they have the most bridal gowns in the world. Out of all of those incredible gowns, they didn't have ONE dress that was considered modest enough for Michelle?

Interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I also saw that episode. I was pretty surprised that the dresses she tried on were strapless. The look on her face when the consultant brought them in was priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the episode both on "Say Yes To The Dress" and the Duggar show. They definitely did that on purpose--advertising for both shows made the whole Duggar vow renewal very popular. I also thought that she could have had some modest wedding dresses sent to Kleinfeld's to try those ones on, but, to each her own.

    ReplyDelete